Oh my goodness, we just love our couples!! The giant mosquitos right now are no joke, and Sarah and Mason were serious troopers for powering through their session with smiles while getting ambushed by them! They are such a sweet couple - Sarah is a nurse and Mason is a police officer, and we love that they both have hearts of service for their community. These two met back in high school, just like us! While they didn’t go to the same high school, they were both involved in Young Life and met at a huge worship session in their hometown, Wilmington. Mason proposed under the moonlight at their favorite spot on the river, and they’re preparing for marriage and so excited to be spending the rest of their lives together! Congratulations, Sarah and Mason! We cannot wait to celebrate with you in April!! Here are some of our favorite pictures from their session!
Thomas and I were grateful for the opportunity to capture the luxurious Diamonds and Couture Event on Saturday and the chance to network with so many incredible vendors and guests! Naturally, my favorite part of the day was seeing the gorgeous wedding gowns! Thomas, on the other hand, absolutely loved checking out all of the exotic cars haha! We really enjoyed getting to catch up with one of our favorite hair and makeup artists again, seeing models that we worked with and the past, and chatting with some of the sweetest ladies from Bailey’s, Jefferson’s, and ASAP! It was also amazing to see the community pull together to give so many donations to the surrounding counties who have been impacted by the devastation of Hurricane Flo! It was an all-around incredibly successful and beautiful event!!
Venue and Food: Nino’s
Dresses: Unveiled Couture
Jewelry: Bailey’s Fine Jewelry
Hair and Makeup: Katy Lynn Beauty
Men’s Attire: Coffman’s
Table and Chairs: ASAP Tent Rentals
DJ: Cutty Styles
Invitation: Kerry from Longest Time Design
We loved getting to capture Jason and Shelby's beautiful wedding day at Fox Hollow Farm in Washington! These adorable high school sweethearts were so excited about getting married, and there were so many things we loved about their day:
- Jason's face made me tear up as he watched Shelby walked down the aisle, as well as his face ! He couldn't contain his tears as she walked down the aisle, and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a dry eye in the room between the bridal party, their families, and the guests (and me haha)!
- Shelby and her dad had the BEST father/daughter dance we've seen yet! They rocked it out on the dance floor and were just so cute and happy together - you could tell they have an amazing bond from watching them together!
- One of our other couples, Rachel and Sam, were at the wedding (Shelby and Rachel are best friends), so it was fun to see them again and talk to them before their big day the month after Shelby and Jason's wedding. Rachel actually did Shelby's hair, and it looked stunning!!!
- All of their wedding details were absolutely gorgeous and came together perfectly, BUT, more importantly, Jason and Shelby were just so excited to be getting married and much more focused on their wedding and upcoming marriage! It was so sweet seeing how excited they were, and it cracked me up when one of the bridesmaids asked Shelby what kind of flowers she was having in the bouquets before they saw them, and she responded, "I don't know, flowers!" We love working with couples who put together gorgeous weddings with beautiful details, but are even more focused on the beauty of their upcoming marriage and life together!
Congratulations to Jason and Shelby! We are so, so happy for you!!
Venue: Fox Hollow Farm in Washington, NC
Hair: Rachel Hill
Dress: Unveiled Couture in Greenville, NC
Bridesmaid Dresses: AVA Formals in Washington, NC
Tuxedos: AVA Formals in Washington, NC
Flowers: Gals Cougar - Your Perfect Day
DJ: George Wainwright from Coastal DJ and Video
Wedding Coordinator: Danya Shiver
What an amazing wedding day for the new Mr. and Mrs. Rhodes! The sun was shining all day long, yet it wasn’t too hot outside for pictures, Rock Springs made for a beautiful, elegant venue, and Sam and Rachel were incredibly laidback, joyful, and really excited to be getting married! Their day was an absolute blast, and these are just a few of our favorite things!
- Rachel used her grandma’s broach on her bouquet which was her something old, something borrowed, AND something blue - so perfect!
- Rachel had the best gifts for Sam, including a knife that she has engraved with the coordinates of their first date - Dunkin Donuts. We thought that was so creative and special!!!
- Sam’s mom was one of ten children, and all of her siblings were there, along with many of their children and grandkids. Rachel and Sam told us before the wedding that his family has a blast together and they all get in a big circle for certain songs. We expected the typical big circle where people go in and out of the middle dancing, but this was like nothing we have seen at a wedding yet! Virtually every person at the reception (there were 250 people at this wedding) got out on the dance floor and groups from 5-15 would sprint in and out of the center of the circle with their arms around each other with unbelievable amounts of energy, enthusiasm, and joy! There was also a huge mosh pit when Bohemian Rhapsody was playing, and I got pulled right into the middle of it haha! They were such a fun, close-knit family, and we loved seeing them celebrate with Sam and Rachel!
- Sam and Rachel's first look! Sam was grinning from ear to ear when he saw Rachel, and he had the exact same smile when she walked down the aisle - it was the sweetest!
Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Rhodes! You’re such a wonderful couple, and we couldn’t be happier for you!
Venue: Rock Springs Center in Greenville, NC
Hair and Makeup: Jordan Ward from Set Blowout Bar
DJ: Paul from Generations DJ Mobile Service
Flowers: Rachel’s family
Rentals: ASAP Rentals
I'm really excited to share some of my favorites from Rachel's bridal portrait session since she got married on Saturday!! I've had a few opportunities to shoot at Forest Hall at Chatham Mills in Pittsboro, and it's such an awesome location! They have a bridal suite for the bride to get ready, they have a really unique industrial space inside with brick and bulb lights hanging from the ceiling, and they have countless backdrops outside around the mills. I just love the magnolia tree and the beautiful flowers and landscaping!
Rachel is an absolutely gorgeous bride!! I love, love, love lace, so naturally, I was a big fan of her lace dress with the intricate beading, the sweetheart top, and the beaded belt. Also, she picked out her veil when she didn't have her dress with her, and I can't get over how perfectly the beaded design goes with the lace/beaded design on her dress - so pretty!
Anyways, here are a few that I loved! I'm trying to make my blog posts a little more brief because I have a lot from the past few months to start sharing, including Rachel and Sam's stunning wedding! :)
It has been an absolute whirlwind of weddings, engagement sessions, and bridals since the end of March, and I am just about done with all the editing! After our wedding this weekend, we'll have a little bit of a break from weddings through the hottest part of the summer, so I'm really excited that I'll have a little more time to share all of the gorgeous things we've been out shooting! To start it off, here are a few favorites from Patrick and Katie's engagement session in New Bern.
I used to work with Katie at a summer camp for people with autism, so I was absolutely thrilled when she contacted me about photographing their wedding day! You can't help but smile when you're around Katie because she's one of those people who radiates joy, and her glowing smile is contagious (see the pictures below, and you'll know exactly what I mean)! Knowing Katie, I was also excited to meet her hubby-to-be! Patrick was so sweet and down to earth, and the two of them complement each other so well! We really enjoyed our time getting to know them better at their session.
We started their session at Patrick's mom's waterfront home in New Bern, which was a PERFECT setting! We absolutely loved the look of the water, the Spanish moss, and the beachy area! Katie and Patrick drove from over 5 hours away for their session, so we were a little nervous when it was a complete downpour of rain on our way there. Thankfully, the rain stopped just in time for our session! It was dreary and gray outside, but I love how Katie's coral dress pops against the gray backdrop! We finished our session in downtown New Bern!
Finally, a little side story - Thomas always jokes around that it's not an engagement session until I've tripped or gotten hurt. I get so focused, excited, and caught up in the moment of taking pictures that I'm not always aware of my surroundings. Add that to the fact that I'm super clumsy even when I am not taking pictures, and it's a recipe for disaster! Thomas warned me about a big ant hill behind me; nevertheless, I stepped in it about one minute later and got bitten up - always an adventure with me haha! It was worth it for the pictures though! ;) Thomas and I were even able to stop for ice cream in New Bern before we headed home, which was special because it reminded us of our one year anniversary spent in New Bern!
Congratulations to Katie and Patrick!! We're so excited for your wedding in January!
I was absolutely thrilled when Hannah said she wanted to do her bridal portraits at Rose Hill Plantation in Nashville, NC! I hadn't been there before, but from looking at pictures I absolutely LOVED the beautiful, historic Manor House with the pillars and the huge front porch, the countryside setting with a pond and swans, and the iron gates at the front of the property. It was even prettier than the pictures I saw before going, and I immediately fell in love the moment I pulled in! And then as soon as I saw Hannah in her elegant, classic ballgown, I knew it was the perfect spot for her portraits! On top of the stunning setting and the beautiful and sweet bride, we were blessed with perfect weather and the prettiest sunset lighting. This session was such a dream, and I'm so excited I can share these now that Hannah and Brent are married! :) Here are some favorites! Now, who wants to get married or do bridals out here so I have an excuse to go back?! ;)
Brent and Hannah's wedding at Benvenue Country Club in Rocky Mount was absolutely incredible! Their wedding actually reminded us a lot of our own wedding and reception with the light blue bridesmaid dresses, the chandeliers, and the country club setting for our reception. I may be a little biased since it made us reminisce on our day, but it was so, so beautiful! I loved all the sparkle incorporated into their day, and I still can't get over how stunning Hannah looked in her ball gown. Here are just a few of our favorite moments of the day:
- Brent's mom and Hannah's grandma were both in the hospital the week before the wedding, and they weren't sure if they were going to be able to make it. They ended up being released to come, and it was so special to see Brent's mom stand up from her wheelchair to hug him with a tear in her eye after having a double knee surgery!
- Hannah's mom was a florist, and she put together all of the flowers for the wedding! They had bouquets with peonies and roses, gorgeous tall arrangements on the head table, and an arch with flowers for the ceremony site. We loved the flowers, but we had an even greater appreciation for them knowing all of the love that her mom put into making them for her baby girl's wedding!
- Brent's reaction to seeing Hannah come down the aisle!! You'll just have to see the pictures below, but it was the sweetest thing.
- The guests at the ceremony held their hands out over the Hannah and Brent during their ceremony to pray for them.
- We had the opportunity to try out a new kind of bride/groom portraits! My favorite pictures will always be with natural light at sunset, but it was fun trying out something new with off camera flash, bubbles, and an umbrella!
Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Cooper! We are so grateful we had the opportunity to capture your wedding!
Ceremony and Reception Venue: Benvenue Country Club
Videographer: Benz Productions
Florist: Brenda Pridgen (Bride's mother)
DJ: The Perfect Beat
Hair and Makeup: Tori Briggs of Hair Heart and Soul
Rings: Bailey's Fine Jewelry
Cake: Cupcake Dream, LLC
Chairs: Chair and Equipment Rentals of Rocky Mount, NC
Chris and Heather's engagement session in Wilmington may be another new favorite session! We haven't been to Wilmington since we were looking at colleges many years ago, and neither of us really remembered much about it. What a perfectly charming waterfront town and a gorgeous location for a session!! It was a wonderful choice for their session too, as it was the town where they had their very first date at the restaurant The Pilot House! We actually ended their session at The Pilot House, and we thought it was so sweet that they stayed to have dinner there afterwards! We had some iffy weather, and it was completely overcast for the whole session, but we were extremely grateful for the perfect timing of the rain holding off until right after we took the last picture as we walked back to the car!!
Chris and Heather make such a great pair, and we really enjoyed our time getting to know them! Chris loves Heather's thoughtfulness, selflessness, and the way constantly thinks of ways to bring joy to others and to show her love for them. Heather loves his positive attitude, sense of humor, and hard work ethic. They both clearly have hearts of gold, as Heather is a nurse and Chris works for Habitat for Humanity. We love that they're living out their lives in service to others, and we can't wait to celebrate their love in Wilmington in December!!
Here are some of our favorite pictures from their sessions! I absolutely love cute waterfront towns and adorable couples, so of course I was loving these photos! Also, their outfits and colors were on point, Heather had her hair and makeup done for the session, and she looked incredible!
Mother's Day weekend was absolutely wonderful! We have been insanely busy over the past month with three weddings, three engagement sessions, four bridal sessions, and some pictures for church as well. I just got the last of all those photos mailed out today - whoop whoop!! It has been wonderful being a part of so many special moments, but we were also extremely ready for a weekend of rest after all of the traveling and hustling before the next rush of this busy season!
Thomas planned a beach day for Saturday, and it was a much needed, refreshing, fun day! We originally thought we would go to Shackleford Island, but some friends told us about Cape Lookout, and we opted to go there because there were bathrooms haha! We rode the ferry to the island, and we had stunning views of the clear, vibrant blue water, the wild horses on Shackleford Island as we rode past it, and a completely unobstructed view of the lighthouse. The captain on the ferry said it was incredibly rare to get a picture of the lighthouse on a Saturday with no people or boats in the image - just as rare as us having a Saturday off at this time of the year!
If you make the trip out to Cape Lookout, we highly recommend walking past the bathrooms on the walkway to the other side of the island! Even with the three kids and beach gear in tow, it didn't take us too long, and we had almost the entire beach to ourselves for the first couple hours we were there, which was amazing!
It was a complete JOY to watch our boys delight in the beach! Our oldest boys ran in and out of the waves, over and over and over again, with the most adorable shrieks and giggles! They also had a blast looking for shells, digging and playing in the sand, and chasing each other around. Our youngest is the most easygoing, sweet baby, and even though he crawled face first into a hole that Thomas and the boys dug and was covered in sand, he didn't even make a fuss. Another beach lover already! He ended up crashing for three hours, and I even had time to rest and read while Thomas played with the big boys. We finished up our visit back on the other side of the island where it was busy, but there were no waves, so the boys were able to swim around in their puddle jumpers, and they loved every bit of it!
I woke up Sunday to a big pancake breakfast, a huge, poster board sized card from the boys, and the sweetest gifts! After breakfast, we headed to church and then went to one of our favorite places, the duck pond. We used to live right across the street from there right after we got married. It was amazing to think that the dreams we shared about a future family while walking around that pond turned into reality. We loved watching them run around and feed the geese and ducks! My, how the time flies! We finished our day with strawberry picking, ice cream, and a delicious dinner that I didn't have to cook! My heart was filled to the brim at the end of the weekend.
I am incredibly thankful for Thomas and our three little men! We have been so blessed by having those sweet peanuts in our lives. With three little boys close in age, we frequently get comments about how we have our hands full, but really, our hearts are even more full. Parenting is a lot of work, and it requires constantly putting their needs ahead of our own, BUT it is also incredibly rewarding. The joy we get from the smiles, the snuggles, the playing, the laughter, the hugs, and the way these boys delight in the smallest of things makes the sacrifices all worth it. I'm so thankful God made me their mother - what a gift!
Matthew and Kendal got married underneath a pecan tree at a stunning vineyard in Albemarle, NC. They chose the venue – A Place in the Vineyard – because of its God-made beauty. He sure did make a beautiful, sunny, perfect day for them that further accentuated the stunning landscape.
Kendal and I used to play soccer together back in middle and high school, so it was really great to see her, her family, and some old teammates during her big day!
There was SO much love and emotion throughout the day. Some of our favorite parts:
- The diamond in Kendal's necklace belonged to her grandfather, and it led to a beautiful, emotional moment as Kendal's mom fastened it around her neck and told her how proud he would have been.
- When Kendal's dad saw her for the first time, his reaction was absolutely priceless, and I was tearing up behind the camera when I saw how choked up he was!
- Matthew and Kendal held hands around a door before the ceremony, exchanged letters, and prayed together. It was so beautiful to see them unite in prayer before one of the most important moments in their lives.
- It was beautiful to watch Kendal and her dad walk together over a hill in the distance down towards the pecan tree, and then turning to see the tear in Matthew's eyes as he watched his beautiful bride approach him down the aisle.
- Their Christ-centered ceremony led by their pastor was so beautiful and emotional. Matthew and Kendal braided a rope on a cross that signified the joining of the two of them with the Lord.
I think the biggest theme that stood out for us throughout the day was faithfulness. Matthew and Kendal and their families clearly love the Lord more than anything, and it was beautiful to hear this reiterated throughout the day. When Matthew's dad gave his speech at the reception, he said he was praying daily for them to make Christ the center of their relationship – a prayer we offer for all of our sweet couples!
Here are some of our favorite pictures from the day!
There is nothing better than two faithful, joyful people coming together from two incredibly faithful families to celebrate the joining of their lives! That’s one of the many reasons Joe and Mary Kathryn’s wedding was so special. Their families had been praying for the wedding day for weeks beforehand, and it was evident their prayers were answered from the moment we pulled up to the stunning Cathedral. The warm sun was shining, the azaleas and dogwoods were all blooming, and the Cathedral looked regal standing against the bright blue sky. The weather was beautiful, but even more beautiful was the wedding! These were just a few of our favorite aspects of their day:
- Mary Kathryn had a gorgeous rosary incorporated into her bouquet, which her great grandmother made for her grandma's wedding many years ago. It has been passed down through the family for generations.
- Mary Kathryn's bridesmaids surrounded her moments before the ceremony while her mother prayed the most beautiful prayer over Mary Kathryn. It evoked so many tears, including some from me!
- When Mary Kathryn's grandma passed away, her grandfather became a priest. He was the one who married them, which made for an even more beautiful and significant mass and wedding.
- We overheard Joe telling Mary Kathryn all throughout the day, "You are so beautiful!"
- Joe knew Mary Kathryn wanted to get white Toms shoes to change into during the wedding reception, but knew she ended up not getting around to it. So he made sure there was a pair of them underneath her chair at the reception, and put them on her feet before their entrance!
- We had SO much time for bride and groom portraits! We have realized there are two ways to have a wide variety and a ton of portraits - a first look or a Catholic wedding! Since the wedding ceremonies are at 2pm at the church, the couple usually has a large amount of time between the end of the mass and the start of the reception. While their family and friends headed to a rooftop bar for drinks and food, we had the opportunity to take a TON of pictures of the two of them around the Cathedral and the reception venue!
Speaking of the reception venue… we were blown away by the charming, historic Stowe Manor. The floral details, the lights under the tent, and the flowers surrounding the manor all made for a perfect setting. They used different china at each of the tables from close women in Mary Kathryn's life, which was such a unique and special detail! One of our favorite moments of the night was listening to the soloist sing "Amazing Grace." Mary Kathryn's mom explained that her mother wanted her to play this at her wedding day, but she didn't because she thought that would be weird at the time. I am certain Mary Kathryn's grandma was rejoicing and smiling in heaven during that moment and throughout the whole day!
I still remember MK saying at their engagement session how they were the most excited about their wedding ceremony and the sacrament of marriage, and we just know these two are going to have an incredible life together! It is evident that their families have set the bar high, and they have so many examples of love, faithfulness, and commitment to look up to as they start their married life together! We know they'll continue the legacy of love for generations to come.
Congratulations, Joe and MK! We are absolutely overjoyed for you!
Ceremony: The Cathedral of Saint Patrick in Charlotte, NC
Reception: The Stowe Manor in Belmont, NC
Florist: Chelish Moore Flowers
Makeup Artist: Aimee Crepeau Makeup
Videographer: Beautiful Life Films & Photography
DJ: Rasheed at Split Second Sound
I loved having the opportunity to shoot Andrew and Alexi's wedding in Charlotte with Siobhan Lorraine Photography! It was a gorgeous day all around! One of my favorite moments of the day was witnessing the bridesmaids pray over Alexi before she walked down the aisle to her groom - so beautiful, powerful, and emotional! Also, the reception details were absolutely stunning!!! I couldn't get enough of the huge hydrangea centerpieces, the bright colors, and the stone arches at the venue! Here are some of my favorites from the day!
Jeremy and Christina's sunset engagement session at the Harper House and Bentonville Battlefields this weekend was wonderful! They are such a sweet pair - so down to earth, joyful, and really excited about getting married! We loved this session, and we were especially excited when they told us they wanted to incorporate Jeremy's pick up truck because it made for such unique and fun shots!! My other favorite aspects were Christina's gorgeous floral maxi dress and the huge, open field where we ended the session just as the sun set behind the trees - stunning!
These two met through work at a milling company, and Jeremy's proposal story was pretty incredible! Since Christina is in charge of quality assurance and safety, Jeremy convinced the manager to call her to come out to the mill to look at a safety issue on the roof in the evening. Once their manager went up to the top with her, he disappeared and Jeremy came out to propose with a gorgeous sunset view as the backdrop! He even arranged for Christina's brother to be up there with his drone to record it on video for them! I love the fact that he proposed at such a significant place for them (at work, where they met), as well as the fact that he did it on the rooftop at sunset, AND that he planned for the video of it!
We are really looking forward to capturing their wedding day in October! They are determined to place Christ at the center of their marriage, so they plan on having a Christ-centered ceremony with a focus on the two of them becoming one family. We just love hearing that because of the abundant grace that we have seen in our marriage throughout the years from constantly trying to center our marriage and our family around Him. They are also going to have a lot of Southern touches and sentimental family items, so it's going to be a special day all around, and we can't wait to photograph the whole thing!
Congratulations, Jeremy and Christina!! So happy for you!
We absolutely loved shooting Andy and Mandy's engagement session in Conway on Sunday! Mandy is a speech therapist, who I met when working as an occupational therapist a few years ago. I was excited to see her again, and I'm even more excited to be a part of her wedding day! There were a couple things that made their engagement session extra sweet and sentimental. First of all, we did the session at Andy's grandparents' house and barn - so meaningful! It was also a great location for the two of them because Andy is a farmer and hunter, so we were able to tie in some of his story. Mandy said the rustic look of the property will tie into the decor of their house, making their engagement pictures perfect to hang on the walls! Finally, they incorporated a beautiful, heirloom quilt into their session. It has been passed down generations of Mandy's family whenever someone gets married. The pattern is "double wedding ring," which is so neat! My mom is a big quilter, so I always appreciate the time and love that goes into making something that beautiful!
One of my favorite aspects of their love story is the way that Andy selflessly cared for Mandy after an accident on his farm. Andy was on the backhoe and it tipped into a canal full of water. Mandy thought he was trapped, so she jumped into the canal to save him. She felt her ankle crack and knew it was broken. Andy, who wasn't trapped afterall, pulled Mandy out of the canal, and they rushed to the ER, both covered in mud, to find out that her ankle was crushed. She had three surgeries and couldn't walk for nearly six months. Throughout this entire ordeal, Andy worked with her mom and sister to take care of Mandy, doing everything from driving her to work to going to all of her doctor's appointments. Love is all about beautiful, selfless actions like that, and it is evident that Andy will always be by Mandy's side, for better or for worse after that incident!
Andy and Mandy are a perfect match for one another, and we loved how joyful they were together at their engagement session! It made me smile when Andy would whisper something to Mandy that had her crack up laughing with the most genuine, beautiful smile! We're counting down the days to their rustic wedding next month! It's going to be an intimate, laidback, fun day, and we can't wait!!