There is nothing better than two faithful, joyful people coming together from two incredibly faithful families to celebrate the joining of their lives! That’s one of the many reasons Joe and Mary Kathryn’s wedding was so special. Their families had been praying for the wedding day for weeks beforehand, and it was evident their prayers were answered from the moment we pulled up to the stunning Cathedral. The warm sun was shining, the azaleas and dogwoods were all blooming, and the Cathedral looked regal standing against the bright blue sky. The weather was beautiful, but even more beautiful was the wedding! These were just a few of our favorite aspects of their day:
- Mary Kathryn had a gorgeous rosary incorporated into her bouquet, which her great grandmother made for her grandma's wedding many years ago. It has been passed down through the family for generations.
- Mary Kathryn's bridesmaids surrounded her moments before the ceremony while her mother prayed the most beautiful prayer over Mary Kathryn. It evoked so many tears, including some from me!
- When Mary Kathryn's grandma passed away, her grandfather became a priest. He was the one who married them, which made for an even more beautiful and significant mass and wedding.
- We overheard Joe telling Mary Kathryn all throughout the day, "You are so beautiful!"
- Joe knew Mary Kathryn wanted to get white Toms shoes to change into during the wedding reception, but knew she ended up not getting around to it. So he made sure there was a pair of them underneath her chair at the reception, and put them on her feet before their entrance!
- We had SO much time for bride and groom portraits! We have realized there are two ways to have a wide variety and a ton of portraits - a first look or a Catholic wedding! Since the wedding ceremonies are at 2pm at the church, the couple usually has a large amount of time between the end of the mass and the start of the reception. While their family and friends headed to a rooftop bar for drinks and food, we had the opportunity to take a TON of pictures of the two of them around the Cathedral and the reception venue!
Speaking of the reception venue… we were blown away by the charming, historic Stowe Manor. The floral details, the lights under the tent, and the flowers surrounding the manor all made for a perfect setting. They used different china at each of the tables from close women in Mary Kathryn's life, which was such a unique and special detail! One of our favorite moments of the night was listening to the soloist sing "Amazing Grace." Mary Kathryn's mom explained that her mother wanted her to play this at her wedding day, but she didn't because she thought that would be weird at the time. I am certain Mary Kathryn's grandma was rejoicing and smiling in heaven during that moment and throughout the whole day!
I still remember MK saying at their engagement session how they were the most excited about their wedding ceremony and the sacrament of marriage, and we just know these two are going to have an incredible life together! It is evident that their families have set the bar high, and they have so many examples of love, faithfulness, and commitment to look up to as they start their married life together! We know they'll continue the legacy of love for generations to come.
Congratulations, Joe and MK! We are absolutely overjoyed for you!
Ceremony: The Cathedral of Saint Patrick in Charlotte, NC
Reception: The Stowe Manor in Belmont, NC
Florist: Chelish Moore Flowers
Makeup Artist: Aimee Crepeau Makeup
Videographer: Beautiful Life Films & Photography
DJ: Rasheed at Split Second Sound