Matthew and Kendal got married underneath a pecan tree at a stunning vineyard in Albemarle, NC. They chose the venue – A Place in the Vineyard – because of its God-made beauty. He sure did make a beautiful, sunny, perfect day for them that further accentuated the stunning landscape.
Kendal and I used to play soccer together back in middle and high school, so it was really great to see her, her family, and some old teammates during her big day!
There was SO much love and emotion throughout the day. Some of our favorite parts:
- The diamond in Kendal's necklace belonged to her grandfather, and it led to a beautiful, emotional moment as Kendal's mom fastened it around her neck and told her how proud he would have been.
- When Kendal's dad saw her for the first time, his reaction was absolutely priceless, and I was tearing up behind the camera when I saw how choked up he was!
- Matthew and Kendal held hands around a door before the ceremony, exchanged letters, and prayed together. It was so beautiful to see them unite in prayer before one of the most important moments in their lives.
- It was beautiful to watch Kendal and her dad walk together over a hill in the distance down towards the pecan tree, and then turning to see the tear in Matthew's eyes as he watched his beautiful bride approach him down the aisle.
- Their Christ-centered ceremony led by their pastor was so beautiful and emotional. Matthew and Kendal braided a rope on a cross that signified the joining of the two of them with the Lord.
I think the biggest theme that stood out for us throughout the day was faithfulness. Matthew and Kendal and their families clearly love the Lord more than anything, and it was beautiful to hear this reiterated throughout the day. When Matthew's dad gave his speech at the reception, he said he was praying daily for them to make Christ the center of their relationship – a prayer we offer for all of our sweet couples!
Here are some of our favorite pictures from the day!